Built in 1926, just four years after J.C. Nichols designed the Plaza, the six-story Park Lane building was a significant addition to the district. Its visibility was an inspiration to both the project team and the client, Winston Hotels. With honest and open interaction, the project team worked with Winston to find the simplest, most cost-efficient way to overcome unexpected challenges. Key to the team’s success was its ability to anticipate these issues, and find solutions that didn’t impact the project schedule.
The renovation’s scope was significant, including demolition of apartments into new rooms and suites and the installation of new mechanical, electrical and fire suppression systems. The project also included the addition of a new pool, health club, business center, catering kitchen and a precast, two-story parking garage with a brick-stamped exterior façade.