Built in 1871, Switzler Hall is the oldest academic building on campus. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the team was challenged with preserving the historic exterior while completely renovating the interior to provide students and staff with a state-of-the-art facility. After a complete architectural and structural interior demolition, the project team braced the 140-year old building while installing three elevated concrete slabs inside the braced structure. With the project located in the heart of the campus, the lack of on-site parking and laydown area proved to be challenging. To eliminate congestion on campus and road closings, delivery and concrete trucks were required to back down a road approximately 300-feet long during work hours to have access to the site.