KANSAS CITY, Mo. (April 12, 2018) Brett Gordon and co-founder Pat McCown are in the midst of a serious transition at their company. McCown retired, Gordon moved into the chairman’s role, Ramin Cherafat became CEO, and the company now is owned by its employees.
Gordon has had quite a journey. The company started in 1999, and it has grown from 15 employees and $15 million in annual revenue to 320 workers and an $800 million backlog.
Although Gordon helped shape a company that remains ascendant for the quality of its work, he also created a culture of excellence where doing the right thing is SOP, as evidenced by McCownGordon’s regular appearance on high-profile KCBJ awards.
Brett Gordon's vitals:
- Also named to the Power 100 from 2014 to 2017
- The company was started in 1999 by Gordon and Pat McCown, who is now retired.
- At the beginning of 2015, McCownGordon began operating under an employee stock ownership plan.
- McCownGordon was chosen as a Champion of Business in 2014, 2015 and 2016, earning the company a spot in our Hall of Champions.
- The Kansas City general contractor is a perennial honoree in the Business Journal's Best Places to Work awards, and it also has been named as a Healthiest Employer..