Overland Park, Kan., December 5, 2016 – The Overland Park Chamber Foundation has selected 35 business professionals to participate in its 2017 Leadership Overland Park (LOP) program.
Now in its 34th year, LOP is an annual program designed to provide a source of motivated leaders informed about the community and its issues, and trained to accept future leadership roles in the community.
Class members attend ten full-day sessions beginning in January and graduate in June. They meet local leaders and study aspects of the community including city, county and state government, history, education, politics and current issues impacting the local community, region and state.
Individuals selected for the 2017 Leadership Overland Park class are:
- Afam Akamelu, INTRUST Bank
- Aaron Attebery, Black & Veatch
- Janet Barrow, WaterOne
- Amber Beverlin, DLR Group
- Julie Brewer, United Community Services of Johnson County
- Lyndsay Burden, Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
- Eric Clemenson, Sunflower Bank
- Chris Cole, JE Dunn Construction Company
- Shawn Cross, McCownGordon Construction
- Jason Davis, Affinis Corp
- David Erlbacher, First National Bank
- Kathleen Faulk, Humana, Inc.
- Rollie Fors, Colliers International
- Jennifer Gerlach, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- David Green, Foulston Siefkin LLP
- Jill Grotzinger, Arts and Recreation Foundation of Overland Park
- Ellie Haire, Downtown Overland Park Partnership, Inc.
- Greg Highbarger, Shawnee Mission Health
- Audrey Hill, Saint Luke's Health System
- Tony Hofmann, City of Overland Park
- Todd Lawler, Terracon
- Cameron McGown, HNTB Corporation
- Jacob Merriman, Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company, Inc.
- Phillip Murphy, Law Offices of Phillip M. Murphy, III
- Shelli Palacio, Blue Valley School District
- Joshua Powers, Johnson County Government
- Taylor Pruitt, Bravadas Wigs and Extensions
- Bethany Rambo, Bank of Blue Valley
- Julie Ross, Empower Retirement
- Jessica Salazar, Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Barb Silin, Overland Park Convention Center/Global Spectrum
- Ann Stevenson, Swiss Re America Holding Corporation
- Jennifer Stickney, UnitedLex Corporation
- Laura Tyson, Shafer, Kline & Warren
- Randy Weber, Johnson County Community College
Established in 1983 by the Overland Park Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Overland Park is now a program of the Chamber’s educational foundation. The program has graduated 825 alumni who provide leadership in Overland Park’s business community, as well as in private, public and non-profit organizations.